Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Semper Fidelis" from Iraq


Sgt. Major David Fox (Steve Hunyar's friend) in Iraq.

His C.O. had just told him he was selected for Sergeant Major. We were getting ready to go back up to the entry control point and he gave me the news.
Congratulations Sgt. Major! "Semper Fi" - "Always faithful."




Sgt. Major David Fox standing next to the Air Base sign. This sign was at entry control point. This is where we saw the most of the terrorist activity to include that horrible VBIED I witnessed.



Sgt. Major David Fox, standing with his C.O. Major Leon Millholland (A tall country boy from Dawsonville, Georgia) and one of our Iraqi Interpreters. This was the first free election in Iraq and I was proud to have participated. (Yes Sgt. Major Fox, a day in history -- like so many because of our brave men and women like you in our military services. You make us proud 24/7. How can we ever thank you enough ? Semper Fi !)

"Gentlemen, it is an honor for me to serve this country and to serve patriots like yourselves!"

"My home town is Columbus, Ohio.
I would be remiss in my duties if I didn’t tell you what an outstanding bunch of Marines I had served with in Iraq. They all hailed from Georgia and they were some of the bravest Marines I ever met. They never complained, they believed in what we were doing and they made our mission a success. - Sgt. Major David Fox"


The meaning of "Semper Fidelis"
Semper Fidelis; Always Faithful. The Few. The Proud. The Marines.

1 comment:

Bill's Country said...

Jennifer from Minnesota said:

I loved your website but was unable to leave my comment so here it is:

May the Lord, Our God, Bless our soldiers and their families for the sacrifices they make in the name of peace, freedom, and civil rights. May the Lord grant them the equipment they need to do their work, and keep them safe and warm. May they feel his loving embrace each and every moment. Amen